Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Freedom Furniture/ Facebook



It was so nice to be asked by Lexi Campbell-Kentmann who is the PR whiz for Freedom Furniture to be a part of their Facebook page.

Lexi asked me to recommend 10 of my current favorite Freedom products and of course I was more than happy to oblige, Freedom helped me out many a time back in my Styling days in Sydney, Australia and while now in New York, I can't exactly pop into a store I can admire them from afar via their website.

Freedom Furniture has been in the market in Australia since 1981and has a chain of 79 stores across Australia and NZ. My own mother actually was a Decorator for them for a period so I have a long connection in one way or another with the company. 

Lexi in her own right also has her own very amusing bog at http://pottymouthmama.blogspot.com/ Check it out, It's a great read,  Her blog is about motherhood but also a conversation about homes, fashion, craft, past-times and wit


Here are my recommendations: 

1. Charter Cushion, You can’t go wrong with some classic French mattress ticking, Always seems fresh, Don’t be shy to mix it in with some pattern for an eclectic mix.
 

2. Handwork Patch Floor Rug, Always a sucker for blue, this is great to anchor a floor but also feels chic and a little boho at the same time.
 

3. Vetro Glass Cloche with Plate, how fun are these for display, change them out with the season, use as an instant Terrarium or show off a fave object, Looks great as a series on a sideboard.
 

4. Tre Table Lamp, Classic practical lines, perfect for task lighting
 

5. Wavelength Coffee Table, Weightless legs work well in a small space, Gives the illusion of more space, Has a great airy modern quality
 

6. Beach Road Dining table (The longer one in particular) Great casual feel but with structure, great to double as a workspace down one end, eating the other
 

7. Pier Rope Mirror, one for the Beach Shack but just as elegant above a console in the dining room
 

8. Spanish Recycled Carafe, Love the hand blown nature of these carafes, look great in an Entryway or on a large dining table as a centre piece.
 

9. Co-Op Dining chair, I love the simple lines of this chair, great in any environment but especially around a large dining table
 

10. Epoch Clock, Simple and schoolhouse like, easy to read the time and works anywhere

For all of my Australian friends, I hope you like my recommendations and can go in-store to 
see them for yourself! 

You can also follow Freedom on Facebook yourself at Freedom/ Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment